Did you know that you should have certain exams and testing every year? Even if you are going to a traditional doctor, they will recommend annual physicals and testing. Because functional medicine looks at the body as a whole rather than as its individual symptoms or conditions, testing when first becoming a patient is vital to developing an effective treatment plan.
Here are some of the functional tests you can expect when you come to our practice.
- Gastrointestinal function testing gives a complete picture of your overall health. It checks for intracellular mineral vitamin and antioxidant levels, inflammation markers, and the presence of parasites and worms.
- Testing of hormone levels is especially important for men and women over 40 years of age. Sexual hormones begin to decrease around this age, and replacement therapy (HRT) might be necessary. This can be the root cause of many seemingly unrelated symptoms.
- The organic acids test provides your doctor with another picture of your overall health from a different standpoint. This checks for metabolism issues; yeast and organism imbalances; intracellular mineral, vitamin and antioxidant levels; and neurotransmitters levels.
- The food allergy testing panel that we run also checks for food sensitivities that might be affecting your overall health and chronic pain levels.
If you haven’t had functional medicine testing for some time or if you’re not sure you have this information at all, contact us today for your appointment.
- How Hormones Change as You Age - June 20, 2021
- At What Age Should I Start Receiving Preventative Botox? - June 10, 2021
- What to Expect When Starting Bioidentical Hormone Therapy - May 20, 2021