Acupuncture has been around for approximately 3,000 years. As a fundamental element of traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture is time-tested and has provided successful results for countless patients.
How It Works
During acupuncture, stainless steel, single-use needles are inserted into acupuncture points. These thin needles are safe and don’t cause pain or discomfort upon insertion. When the needles are administered into the acupuncture points, it eliminates obstructions to the body’s energetic pathways while stimulating the energy flow throughout the body. This ensures that cells and tissues throughout the body receive the nutrients that they need to function optimally.
The National Institute of Health and the World Health Organization have both recognized acupuncture as an effective, low-risk, and drug-free treatment method for a wide range of medical concerns. The uses of acupuncture are far-reaching, so that it may be applied to a variety of treatment plans.
The primary health concerns that acupuncture is used to address are:
- General health problems, such as stress, fatigue, weight gain, and the common cold
- Women’s health problems, such as infertility, menopause, and menstrual abnormalities
- Pregnancy symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and back pain
- Pain disorders, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and sciatica
- Digestive disorders, such as constipation, indigestion, IBS, nausea, and vomiting
- Psychoemotional disorders, such as depression, anxiety, and insomnia
- Neurological disorders, such as headache, migraine, and trigeminal neuralgia
The examples listed are just a few of the many medical concerns that can be successfully addressed with acupuncture.
The benefits of acupuncture are varied and apply to a broad range of patients. These include:
Acupuncture is a safe treatment method for many different health problems. Since it’s minimally invasive and has been safely performed for thousands of years, you can trust that acupuncture won’t compromise your wellbeing.
Minimal side effects
Acupuncture is a drug-free treatment with little to no side effects. Unlike many prescription drugs, acupuncture is very unlikely to cause unwanted effects in patients.
Effective pain relief
Acupuncture has proven to be a successful treatment for pain medicine. Especially for those who want to avoid medications for pain, acupuncture can provide excellent results.
Ready to learn more about acupuncture? Contact Mind Body Spirit Care today.
- How Hormones Change as You Age - June 20, 2021
- At What Age Should I Start Receiving Preventative Botox? - June 10, 2021
- What to Expect When Starting Bioidentical Hormone Therapy - May 20, 2021