To make an office appointment please call (813)935-2273.
We welcome you to our world of MINDBODYSPIRIT CARE.
We are excited to be part of your journey towards optimal health and want to support you in taking an active role in this healing process.
To better meet your needs and desires, we encourage you to be well informed about our approach to medicine, and invite you to familiarize yourself with the content on this website. If you have been looking for a fresh approach to health that incorporates the use and guidance of the best complementary and conventional therapies to prevent disease, and to create a condition of optimal health far beyond the absence of disease, we welcome you to our MINDBODYSPIRIT CARE approach.
To make the most of your visit, there are a few steps you should follow before and during each appointment. The better prepared you are, the more effective your visit will be, ensuring you get the most out of your encounter on your path to optimal health. Please arrive to the office at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to ensure proper paperwork is filled out. To save time on your office visit, you will be asked to complete a personal demographic and health questionnaire. The forms are available on our web site for your convenience (PLEASE CLICK HERE). Please take the time to fill out the forms completely prior to coming to the office to avoid delaying your appointment. You may wish to keep a copy of your responses for your own records. Many of our patients are amazed at how quickly conditions improve, as they track their responses. Such an awareness enables us to acknowledge our success and motivates us towards continued progress on the path to optimal health.
Please bring with you:
Our aim is to make your comprehensive visit as comfortable an experience as possible, while we learn as much about how to help you as we can.
- Driver’s license
- Insurance Card (if using insurance for your visit)
- A List of past health conditions with possible time correlation to life experiences and events (health problems are not a natural part of growing older, so please be as complete and honest regarding what has been bothering you so we can help you correct the problems and ultimately help you feel better).
- An updated Health Questionnaire (click link to FORMS DOWNLOAD) to include:
- A List of All Medications and Nutritional Supplements You Are Currently Taking (If in doubt, bring the supplements themselves )
- A List of Other Physicians you currently see (preferably from the last 3 years)
- Any relevant medical records including test results done within the past 3 months, and consultation reports (If your history is complex, or if in doubt, bring along all your test results and consultation reports and we will prioritize what will be essential for your care with us).
- A List of Questions – Write down changes in stress, mood, diet, memory, sexual function, etc. Note changes in symptoms severity level (e.g. Scale of 0-10), frequency (e.g. never, sometimes, often), and duration (e.g. minutes, hours, days, etc) Don’t be afraid to ask for resources for help on topics that are directly or indirectly related to your health which include potentially stressful life events.
During your initial comprehensive consultation visit, we will:
- Identify your current health goals and expectations.
In general, patients could plan to spend approximately one hour or more with the staff at the initial consultation (depending on the complexity of the condition)
- Review your history and any records or test results that you provide.
- Listen to and review your milestones leading to your current condition.
- Note any physical findings on routine examination and any additional findings that include tongue, nail, and pulse reading.
- Determine the nature of your current health challenges and your coping resources.
- Provide education for understanding the process and possible causes of the suspected or confirmed disease condition.
- Develop a plan of action toward your ideal short and long term health goals, including determining appropriate further testing (link to Functional Medicine Tests)
- The plan will individually assess and recommend approaches for proper balance of mind, body, and spirit. (link to Comprehensive List of Services)
- Nutritional supplements can be recommended and purchased at our natural pharmacy if you desire prompt symptom relief prior to followup visit, or while waiting for completion of any laboratory tests . In addition exercises may be given to address mind and body health.
The second visit takes place about 2-4 weeks later to review labs and results of any initial care intervention. A treatment plan will then be developed based on the newly obtained laboratory results and any updated patient information.
Follow-up visits to assess your progress and fine tune your therapy will be scheduled at longer intervals beginning at 4-8 weeks. 3-6 months interval of follow up are then generally recommended depending on progress. Once your goals have been achieved, you may be asked to schedule annual or every six-month visits to assure that you stay well. Further testing may be conducted at follow up visits generally at 3-6 month intervals and every 1-2 years for routine screening.